3-4 days in Serengeti
We (couple) will be in Kenya for a college friends reunion in July (which includes 3 nights in Masai Mara north and ends in Nairobi). We wanted to take the opportunity for a quick trip to Serengeti too.
Having read in this forum that the easiest way to Serengeti from Kenya is via JRO airport. Given we only have 3-4 nights I wanted to get your feedback on this plan. (An alternative would be to go to Central Serengeti but that seems to involve too much travel/flying.)
- (Day 1, July 25): Arrive Arusha in the afternoon (since we can’t seem to be able to get to airport early enough for morning flight); rest and sightsee in town.
- (Day 2 July 26) Leave for Ngorongoro. Arrive at a lodge on the rim, and do a walk. (Question: are there any safari drives at the rim?)
- (Day 3, July 27): Descend early morning into crater and spend half day. Afternoon drive to Tarangire
- (Day 4 July 28) Tarangire.
- (Day 5): Brief morning safari then drive to JRO airport, Nairobi 3:10 pm flight
Thanks for any advice. Is this a good tasting menu or are we thinking about this the wrong way?