Are there any special customs I should observe?
Are there any special customs I should observe? in Egypt?
solved 03 years 1 Answer 230 views 0
Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.
Thank you for registering with us, Welcome to Safari Questions and Answer family. Feel free to ask Questions, Answer Questions or post any opinion that you might have!
Answer ( 1 )
Yes, most Egyptian customs differ from the Western customs due to the cultural and religious differences, as shown below:
1. Most women in Egypt behave conservatively with strangers.
2. Normal contact is quite acceptable, but intimate actions in the public such as kissing and fondling may irritate most Muslims.
3. Most mosques require visitors to remove their shoes before entering.
4. Use the right hand to eat and give gifts.
5. It is inappropriate to discuss religions with Egyptians from an atheistic or similar perspective.
6. It is inapt to take photos of soldiers, tanks or any other military property.