Feedback on Cost and Itinerary?
I need your input about the cost of this itinerary below as well as the National Parks and accommodation! I sent a few emails to tour operators and I have a few questions, and I am a bit disappointed by the results.
The suggested itineraries were very similar:
- Day 1 Drive from Arusha to Southern Serengeti (Katikati tented camp was a common option)
- Date 2 Full day of game viewing in Southern Serengeti and stay at same property.
- Day 3 Drive from Southern Serengeti to Northern Serengeti (Katikati mara tented camp is a common option)
- Day 4 Full day of game viewing and stay at same property.
- Day 5 Full day of game viewing and stay at same property.
- Day 6 Drive from Northern Serengeti to Ngorongoro (Ngorongoro rhino lodge is a common option).
- Day 7 Game Viewing at the volcano and drive to Arusha.
The itinerary described above hovered around $6000 for 2 adults, which is $500 per person per day. One of them offers the option to fly from Arusha to Northern Serengeti, but the cost of the safari jumps by $1000.
I do not want to sound rude, but I have heard from multiple sources that lodges are offering amazing deals to encourage bookings, but it doesn’t seem any of the TOs are passing those savings to customers.
Is there a way to take advantage of these deals lodges are offering?